NGUNDU - Four armed robbers attacked passengers and crew members of A&A Bus Service after Ngundu Halt on Friday last week and got away with tens of cellphones, money and valuables.
The robbery took place at around 2am when the bus was on its way from South Africa. Masvingo Police spokesperson Inspector Charity Mazula confirmed the robbery to The Mirror and advised people to avoid travelling at night. The case was reported under RRB number 2953597 and investigations are underway.
The conductor Amini Madi told The Mirror at the scene of the robbery that he lost over $1300 to the robbers and all the passengers were robbed of phones, money and other valuables.
One of the passengers on the bus John Svosve who boarded the bus in Beitbridge said the robbers ordered everyone to lie down and hand over phones and money to them after they ordered the driver to stop.
"When the driver stopped the bus we thought the men wanted to relieve themselves, suddenly one of them fired a gun through the windscreen just missing the driver
"People had to surrender cell phones and cash because the robbers were assaulting everyone who was resisting their order," said Svosve while trembling.