Bikita Councillors get motor cycles

BRILLIANT MUKARO BIKITA REPORTER BIKITA – All the 32 councillors from Bikita Rural District Council have taken delivery of motor cycles...


BRILLIANT MUKARO
BIKITA REPORTER

BIKITA – All the 32 councillors from Bikita Rural District Council have taken delivery of motor cycles from the RDC recently.
Bikita RDC CEO Peter Chibi handed over the motor cycles to the councillors at a ceremony held at the Council offices.
Chibi said they had to buy the motor cycles because councillors could not continue doing their work on foot as some of the wards had a radius of about over 60km.
"I am happy to hand over these motor cycles to you so that you are able to move across your wards easily, we noted with great concern that our wards are quite big such that it was becoming difficult for these public servants to move around their respective wards to monitor development and deliver as per their mandate. We had to delay doing this so that the move would not affect key projects in the district," said Chibi.
Bikita district shares border with Masvingo Rural, Zaka, Gutu, Chiredzi and Chipinge in Manicaland.
Chibi also told the councillors that the local authority will pay 57% for the purchase of the gadgets while councillors pay the remaining 43%.
Bikita District Adminstrator Innocent Matingwina paid tribute to the RDC for the initiative warned the councillors to be cautious on the road.
"I would like to congratulate the Council for such a great job, this will ensure development in our district. I advise you to use these bikes with great caution. We don't want these tools that we have bought with an intention to accelerate development to be the cause of the death of one of you," said Matingwina.news

COMMENTS

advertisements
Name

advertisements,27,agriculture,38,As I see it,13,Business news,239,cartoon,2,Chibhorani talk,25,Comments,25,crime,308,Editor Pick,1,Education,194,Entertainment,180,Farming,2,fashion,5,Featured Post,4,Gossip,79,health,27,Local News,965,Local Sport,36,News,945,News Ticker,3,Obituaries,1,Opinion,11,Police Alert,1,Recent,22,Religion,1,social,35,Sport,251,Story of the Week,2,Swag,1,swops,25,Swops Harare Region,10,Swops Manicaland Region,16,Swops Mashonaland Central,13,Swops Mashonaland East,11,Swops Mashonaland West Region,13,Swops Masvingo Region,22,Swops Matebeleland Region,9,Swops Midlands Region,12,Top Stories,145,Travel and Leisure,8,Your Views,8,
ltr
item
The Mirror: Bikita Councillors get motor cycles
Bikita Councillors get motor cycles
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qtWt1hW2VhQ/WERZjDxDXnI/AAAAAAAAT44/A3U0BDItyagjfyXoum2v0VY_VFJpKNsdgCK4B/s320/F84916874-779877.jpg
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qtWt1hW2VhQ/WERZjDxDXnI/AAAAAAAAT44/A3U0BDItyagjfyXoum2v0VY_VFJpKNsdgCK4B/s72-c/F84916874-779877.jpg
The Mirror
http://www.masvingomirror.com/2016/12/bikita-councillors-get-motor-cycles.html
http://www.masvingomirror.com/
http://www.masvingomirror.com/
http://www.masvingomirror.com/2016/12/bikita-councillors-get-motor-cycles.html
true
828417174542397797
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy